Friday, January 6, 2012

Office Theft and Lean Cuisines

There's an a-hole in my office (possibly multiple) who prey off the gourmet lunches, frozen foods, leftovers, lean cuisines, open soda cans, etc. It's disgusting. The occasional victims tend to send out emails relaying their lost and/or stolen goods. I have to say, by far, the worst was when a guy in the Production office sent out an email about his slice of pizza on his desk, half eaten, along with the half drank soda mysteriously disappearing during a bathroom visit. What the hell is wrong with people? The emails normally are followed by a few more "missing person foodies" examples and multiple reasons proving how much of an ass this person really seems to be. I normally read them but don't throw in any comments.........until today. I sent one of my very own.


Within minutes I got a few responses....mostly all, telling me their tale. Some of the repulsive things I have heard (and now envisioned) make me wonder what this persons home might look like. This person (and maybe their gang) have found more than just ways of stealing food, to I guess, get their laughs? Gross. I can't even begin to type it.


I work with some awesome, amazing people. Most of which are extremely well kept and respectful to others. The thefts come in waves and for a while they were gone, but its more than usual recently. Makes you really look at people, wonder who is new to the building, and frankly, what would ever drive someone to finish off already eaten/bit into food.........especially when you don't know who it belonged to in the first place! So. Gross. I do know that this person better keep up their skills at remaining a phantom because the day they are caught, it will be so immensely embarrassing. And if it isn't at first, I know plenty of people who plan to make it that way. Be respectful in 2012.

1 comment:

  1. I vote a camera in the kitchen or at least a fake one so people will think they are being recorded!

    ReplyDelete