Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Twylah



Have you heard about this Twylah thing? I feel like it could be the "next big thing". It basically is a twitter brand page, but to me it seems like the mix between having a website and/or blog without having to do the posts/work.....maybe?
Celebrities and public figures seem really into it, so it appears.

On the left hand side of my blog you'll see a column where I suggest other blogs that I read sometimes, or at least like to bookmark. One of them is Chasemradio - or rather, Chase Murphy's guide to marketing/radio/life. It's a good read and pretty educational. Anyway, one of the guys he follows and reads books from is Greg Verdino, author of "Micro Marketing". I started to follow @gregverdino on Twitter and one of his posts was about Twylah. Curiosity lead my search and I came across Twylah.com. Tough find, I know.....If you have extra time and a Twitter account, go to the website, and request an invite. It literally takes zero effort and in return they accept the request, then set up your page. If I am being honest it doesn't seem like there is a point, but like half the social media sites you are probably on, is there a point to any of them? Personally, maybe not, but for your business or company, perhaps and most of the time, yes! Twylah organizes every tweet and posting you make into its own category, such as your videos, pictures, and then also goes by topic. For example, when I got mine back I realized I tweet about our station contesting, my blog, and surprisingly a few Justin's (I am assuming Bieber and Timberlake? How embarrassing) quite a few times. I have also mentioned my Hennessey In the Home site, too. As I just did again :) Anyway, my Twylah page can be found at http://www.twylah.com/Lhennessey . It basically in a nutshell shows what's trending on that particular page. Like I said, I don't really see where I may find a need for this site other than to see what I constantly talk about too much (like I don't already know), but perhaps in the world of marketing and advertising, it may be the next thing. I had my 10,000th hit on my blog about nothing this past weekend, and am already up to 10,200+ and haven't posted since. If it weren't for Twitter and Facebook, no one (with the exception of a few members of my immediate family) would probably have even seen it!

I used to be against Twitter, blogging, and my freshman year at college when Facebook was only for certain colleges, I was even against it (Thank you Meghan for changing my mind). But each time someone has involved me or given me a reason to start in a new trend, even when reluctant at first, I seemed to have dived right into the social media world. So where you may never hear of Twylah again, at least I brought it to your attention.....yea, that sounds good, right? Follow @chasemradio and @gregverdino to give you a better idea of where this is coming from......and at least check Twylah out.

1 comment: