Tuesday, April 9, 2013

The Comfort Zone



Well, we did it. We finished in last place. Right where we belonged and what we really fought hard for all season long. Being in 6th place (of 12 teams) at the beginning was just terrible, and Team “I Can’t Believe It’s Not Gutter”, finally landed it’s 3rd annual hot spot of “Dead Ass Last”. Look at these faces. Never been happier; I guess you could say last place is our real comfort zone. Hannah and I decided to continue our love of the shared blue ball in our team photo. We considered it “good luck” to use the same ball each week. Luck. Hmm….well, maybe not. But we did kill some turkeys this year, so vast improvements were made. We even decided as a team to throw ourselves a pizza party this week at the bowling party-celebration-extravaganza. I know…we are out of control! Getting cray cray at Star Lanes.

A big congrats to Cory Christophillis, Gram Praytor, Amit Dullah, and Hunter Reid for taking home the $$ pot and 1st place of the Scallywag Bowling League 2013 season. AND I’ll pat myself on the back because they asked for a Hennessey Hits shout out. Here you go boys – a big raise the roof for Team “4 Guys, 1 Cup”. How they found out about my little self project here is beyond me. I’ve really reached the top!

When one season ends, another begins. My co-ed kickball league starts up this Friday and all of us on Team Pitch Slapped are ready to do what we do best…pre-game. Trust me. We had a practice this past Sunday when the glorious weather came to town. Not so glorious - the talent. Don’t get me wrong, we are one attractive group of people, but the talent literally on the field could use some help (we’ll get there, maybe). I’m referring to myself mainly, but you others, you know who you are. Practice highlights - - showing up to play and realizing none of us brought a ball, Melissa calling a pop fly as hers, then just getting smacked with a direct hit to the face instead of making the catch (I’m still laughing), Jill sitting down in the field – nothing new, and the multiple “candy sticks”, otherwise known as cigarettes, consumed for “energy puffs”. The season looks promising. With more successful relationships from past seasons than ABC’s the Bachelor, you never know what could go down during a kickball season. It’s about to get interesting. Bring on the Hot-N-Ready’s, Jell-O Shots, and large opaque thermoses. Where alcohol may not be ‘allowed’ on the fields - hydration is key, and we’re ready. #boom



No comments:

Post a Comment