Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Bittersweet Symphony

I tend to do this to myself. When I make a "life change", I don't just make one, I make a few. I'll end up being one of those people that gets married, buys a house, and moves all in one weekend. Just wait. I'm pretty close to those now, besides the whole married part...it's safe to say I've got some time for that, but that's another blog post saved for a rainy day. Today, I'll share the bittersweet melody of what April has to bring. Definitely more sweet than bitter, however with all change, there's always something you'll remember and miss from the past. Last week I announced my departure and two week notice from my Entercom Radio family. My first real and "big girl" job out of college, they took me in and what I have learned from within these walls is astounding. Sure I've learned a lot from the sales, programming, and my own promotions department, but it's the beautiful office and social politics I'll really miss. The people characters I've gotten to work with over the past 3+ years have made this place what it is for me. Sure, I'll miss the concerts, meet and greets with celebrities, and of course free tickets, but it's some of the relationships I've made I'll miss the most. Luckily Greenville is a close knit town and my new title as an Event Planner will possibly maintain some of these (even working) relationships. You just always know its not 'the same'. To think back at some of the crazy/stupid things I got to do at my job - - it nuts! Not gonna lie, I've already shed a tear or two about leaving, and I'm sure the drive away on Friday won't be any easier. Though it's extremely bitterSWEET. I am thrilled to be joining a great company in downtown Greenville, with a great group of people, and wonderful opportunities. It's exciting and I'm ready to start something new come April 1st.

Speaking of out with the old, and in with the new. I'm also peacing out of my 1960's 1 bedroom flat and moving in with my married friend Lauren and her precious golden retriever, Walker. I know I said, I would never move again, but her husband is off doing a work project over seas for 1.5-2 years (with 8 week vaca returns) and offered me a deal to live in one of their many spare bedrooms with a full bath. It's a win-win for the two of us. Both on similar schedules, same kickball team/social agenda, and just overall similar personalities. I am looking forward to it. Plus, its a hop, skip, and a jump from downtown and my new place of work. BONUS! The bitter: I'm moving, AGAIN, and I'll of course miss Augusta Rd. The Sweet: I'm still close to everything and well, all of the above. 

So I'll be moving again come 2014/2015 - who knows what life will look like then. Kind of weird and fun to think about.

Oh...and sadly...this may just be Dora's final year. Talk about the definition of bittersweet.


No comments:

Post a Comment