Saturday, August 24, 2013

Loose Change

Back in my glory days at Clemson University I spent many a night at one of the local watering holes, Loose Change. Like Cheers, everybody knows your name and if you spent more than $20 by the end of the night, you were doing something wrong. How they stay in business is beyond me. Homegirl here is not complaining. Quality beers for $1.50 and you can order 2 shots split 10 ways and everyone still gets a full one - in fact they are the size of a small beverage. If there was one place they saved money, it was on air-conditioning. Holy hell it would get humid in there. And for some reason the "place to be" was in the long, skinny hallway leading back to the bathrooms. You tigers born in the 90's have no idea what I'm talking about. Privileged with new renovations to 'Loose', the kids raging in DT Clemson these days are spoiled with a large open bar and...wait for it... air conditioning!! AND 3 bathrooms. Little punks. That was unheard of! Bowling a few frames on a giant video game was popular (better still be there), as well as the touchscreen Spot the Difference game fully equipped with nudey pics. To help us struggling college students, looking to get a good buzz and a possible fraternity/sorority function date, cool down they hooked us up with a giant industrial fan located in the corner of the bar. One night (or several) the back of the bar turned into an epic photo shoot. Nothing like a good blast of air to the hair to pump up a glamour shot. The most unbelievable picture of my roommate at the time, Jillian, surfaced to facebook, profile pictures, and still haunts her to this day. I'd post but her professional career is far beyond mine. Her picture is safe with me. Last night another past roommate of mine, Taylor, and I were discussing how ecstatic and eager we are for next weekends home opener against UGA. Moments later we started to reminisce. With great coincidence I happened to be standing next to another industrial fan (I hang out in some great places, let me tell you). As you can imagine I took the moment and ran with it. There are several of these gems. This one making the cut to be featured on Instagram. Got to love social media. Jillian had given more of a zoolander-esque face, but I think we can all agree....I nailed it. 

Loose Change is calling my name, as well as Todaro's, Lot 1, Death Valley, 356, Blue Heron... Ugh, I could go on forever. Amazeballs. #GoTigers


No comments:

Post a Comment