Monday, August 12, 2013

And YOU get a humpback whale!

I grew up in a house with Oprah. Not literally of course, but figuratively speaking. I can remember countless days of my middle school years getting off the bus, grabbing an oatmeal cream pie or bag of cheese combos, and joining my mother for the 4 o'clock treasure. There were 2 types of Oprah shows. The one where she screams "Helllllllloooooo", and gives countless amounts of favorite things away - saying "and YOU GET A HUMPBACK WHALE, AND YOU GET A WHALE, AND YOU GET A WHALE"- or the one where Dr. Phil intervenes on the abusive family, who lost everything in a fire, just after surviving a fight with a horrific illness....or ya know, something like that. Think Sarah McLachlan and the animal cruelty commercial. Terrible. The screaming shows were more my rhythm. Not only because I did in fact like her favorite things, but because of the raging reactions of the studio audience. The Queen of Television has been off the air for a while now, so perhaps you would like a refreshment. What I'd give to be part of this scene...


I am sure your reaction was about the same when you realized Hennessey Hits had reached the 30,000 views mark. I know - me too. I wanted to give out humpback whales, lasagna pans, watches, and 7 day cruises much like the daytime television diva herself, but have you mailed anything lately? The U.S. Postal system has been taking their sweet time, and it would just take too long. So instead I am just going to give you a glimpse at Hennessey's Favorite things - all wonderfully within in your price range (no doubt) and you can enjoy as true celebration of my 30,000 mark. Eat your heart out and as always, thanks for reading.






No comments:

Post a Comment