Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Chic-fil-a

Today at work I was craving a large, really cold soda. Specifically a Coca Cola Classic. There is no better place to get one than Chic-fil-a. It comes in a huge Styrofoam cup, an excellent insulator, and lets face it, you can't wrong with anything from Chic-fil-a. Even at 2:20 in the afternoon the drive thru line was around the building, so I decided to park and walk in. Thinking I was just getting a drink, I thought I could get in and out. When I went up to the counter I approached what appeared to be a 15 year old kid out on summer break. I ordered my large Coke and asked "Can I also get the lowest nugget count you have?", he replied, "1?", in which I said back, "Can I get like the lowest amount of nuggets you offer" - - thinking he had said 'What' instead of 'One'. He said, "Yea, 1". I was taken back by this. I told the kid, "You mean to tell me I can order just 1 nugget?". He said 'yes' with a smile on his face. If you know me or have tried to tell me anything bogus, I've probably believed you, so when this kid said he could sell me 1 nugget I just wasn't going to walk into being the brunt of a terrible joke. I started laughing profusely by myself because I thought I got the joke and almost fell for it. I thought he was kidding, only this kid didn't start laughing along with me. So I asked repeatedly, if he was serious and he kept telling me he was. So still thinking he was lying, I said, "ok fine, I will have 4"....at least if he was trying to get me I knew that came in a kids meal. He still wasn't laughing and I took my nuggets, giant drink, and left. I got back to my desk today and told a few people. All were in disbelief that you can get just 1 Chic-fil-a nugget. Trying to figure out if I needed to go beat this kid up or not I went to the Chic-fil-a page and sure enough......you can buy 1 single nugget.

As pointed out to me...and I couldn't agree more....could you really just eat 1? I don't think I could. Not from Chic-fil-a. And have you ever noticed that when you really want it the most, it's Sunday, when they are closed? Jesus would want his 1 nugget on Sunday, I know he would.

No comments:

Post a Comment