Sunday, September 30, 2012

26

I turn 26 this week. So...Happy Birthday to me! I have been spoiled over the years with having a birthday land on or around a football game. Throw in some amazing friends and I normally have a great celebration. I am definitely one of those people that look forward to their birthday. It's like getting a haircut - well, if you're a girl. You walk into a room and someone says (also most likely a girl), "Did you get a hair cut? It looks good!", even if it doesn't. On your birthday, everyone wishes you a happy birthday. Even if they really don't care if you have a happy one or not. It's like the one day that's yours. Most people get excited for gifts, maybe, but in my family we don't really do birthday presents. If you get one, its a real bonus, and a sweet topping to the cake that is your birthday. My family, does however, have a tradition of calling one another and singing Happy Birthday. My mother started it, but my sister Lindsay has really taken a liking to it. Only she normally sings along to the New Kids on the Block "Happy Birthday to You" melody. Its a real gem. The Hennessey kids can't carry a tune to save our lives. I remember driving to all of our 'activities' growing up and having my siblings (there's 4 of us) all fighting over lyrics between what's right and wrong. My mother would flick the rear view mirror of the Volvo Station wagon so it would suddenly give her site to the back seat. That meant business. She'd say, "There are no right or wrong words to a song, you can sing them however you want". Of course she was wrong, and someone would call her out, thus trying to strengthen their argument. I guess that was her giving us a creative license. Anyway, here's Lindsay's Jam:


This year is a real treat! Even though its a Tuesday, one of my most favorite people from back home, Hillary, is coming to visit me. I was the Maid of Honor in Hills wedding last year and her birthday is October 6th. She got a couple days off from work and the timing worked out perfectly. In addition I think I am grabbing some happy hour beverages with some people, too. So all in all, I couldn't ask for more. Work is always so good to me - Keaira, my office mate and department head, always decorates the place. She's too sweet. I guess you can see that we work in a laid back atmosphere....and yes, that is Rob Pattinson's Twilight cardboard cutout at my desk. I swear it's for work. 25 was good to me. Nothing too much to take on and nothing too over the top to share, that - lets face it - I haven't already. I look forward to the year ahead and hope when I blow out a candle that some of my wishes come true.  Happy Birthday Libras. Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment