Wednesday, January 23, 2013

NOLA No Mo'

Well I am still planning on going to Disney World this summer with the Eikenberg family, but I am no longer making the trek to New Orleans. At least for the Super Bowl. To our total dismay and devastation the city of 'Nawlins' has overbooked and jacked up the prices of accommodations so high, I can't even imagine the high rollers coming into town for the festivities. I for one, thought I was coming with them! Sold out rooms from the dome to 3+ hours away, and houses for $7,500 a night with a minimum of 3 nights stay, etc. I guess this is the time you wish you had a home you could vacate and make some extra dough.  I was really looking forward to going, however, from every shadow comes a light that casts it. The Baltimore Ravens are in the Super Bowl and they are playing the San Francisco 49ers. It's exactly what I asked for.... a Super Baugh. A match up of my two favorite NFL coaches and brothers, John and Jim Harbaugh. John, obviously being the hometown favorite and one sexy beast. 


I will be rocking my Ed Reed jersey from somewhere in Greenville on February 3rd. Constantly yelling at the TV  "Put your hands up!!" - - a phrase that for some reason flies out of my mouth on both offense and defense. I either need us to catch it, or I need them to deflect it. It's stuck with me from high school, and trust me, the more I consume the more I think they can actually hear me. 

I feel good about a win, a Ray Lewis domination, a possible MVP to Flacco, Rice, or Boldin (he's been a beast lately) and an overall great game. Bring on the Super Bowl!

No comments:

Post a Comment