Sunday, June 23, 2013

"I Don't Care, I Love It"


I'd say these are the icons most commonly needing a close out on the ol' iPhone. I text, I check Facebook and Instagram, and I certainly am improving my BikeRace skills. All make red lights or traffic a little more enjoyable. My latest addition - Snapchat. You may be skeptical. I certainly was. 
Perhaps that's why my screen name for the app has nothing to do with my real name. I go by MadisonFairway. Why? Simple. Possibly like you, when I first heard of Snapchat and what it does my mind jumped straight to  'sketchy'. An app for your phone where you can send pictures to your bank of friends/contacts to last any number of seconds, up to 10, and then disappear forever. What would you need to send that you would never want anyone to save? An entirely new wave of "sexting"? Is that what my friends were doing? Surely not, because they were talking openly about it and from whom they were receiving snaps. I steered clear. For a little while.... Then curiosity got the best of me. Still sketched out of the possibilities, and more so of the app informing everyone in my contact list that I joined, I made an alias name.  Now - knowing how its used and who all is on it - I can't change my damn name. So every time I send a request, I hear "Who the hell is MadisonFairway?". Luckily my friends have a mind as curious as mine, so they accept the request.  Instantly they are told it is me. 

When I found out that snap chat had video capabilities, I was overjoyed.  I'd say the majority of the ones I receive (and send) are from a car or bar. Miniature music videos or 10 seconds of someone enjoying a beverage and letting out a good 'ahhh' after the crisp taste of refreshment - thank you to friends Hunter, Jonathan, and Fitzi for making each day (literally) that much more enjoyable. Your Snapchat's never get old.  I received the text message to the right the other day following an 8 second jam session, probably to that of Icona Pop's "I Love It". Apparently I keep the air conditioning up too high and it's bringing to much A-Game to my videos. Sorry, Rocky, there is a pop diva within me and she's begging to be discovered. How embarrassing.  Other crowd favorites I've received - a Bruno Mars jam session from @TreyPlaysMusic, and ongoing guessing games of "Where am I?" - be gentle with that one.

Overall, I'd  say my feelings about Snapchat are just like that of passing notes
regardless of the content, at least you got one. 


Watch the video #TreatYoSelf


No comments:

Post a Comment