Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Breadstick Boycott

Don't worry, this look was temporary
Somewhere a marketing or sales team at Victoria's Secret is calling me a sucker. They get me every time with these emails and direct mail coupon cards. Come "Black Friday" I am usually the one giving people a hard time about shopping for things simply because they are on sale - seriously I even put these people into levels, click here to read my thoughts on that mess - but for some reason Vicky's gets me every time. This summer, 3 bathing suits and plenty of extras later, I found myself venturing to the mall again with a "free panty card" (yes gentlemen, they send us free delicate's), $10 off cards, etc, etc. Like I said they know what they're doing. Anyway, I did some shopping and browsing among other stores, and then quickly realized it was nearing dinner time. I went to the food court. I chose to eat a meal from Sbarro's. Some kids never learn. In this case, that kid was me. It wasn't till after my next story that I remembered my experience from this past September. If you missed out - by all means, catch up quickly and read my tale of the breadstick.



I ordered the same meal. A slice of cheese pizza, a breadstick, and a medium Pepsi. For your reference - I'm a Coke girl, but that wasn't my option. Anyway I sat down again, alone, and enjoyed my dinner with my pink shopping back of treats in front of me. Like anyone eating by yourself in the mall food court you resort to looking at your phone while you grub...so you aren't awkward? Is that why? I guess I forgot I was already alone....in a mall food court. Again. Damn you Chic-Fil-A for being closed on Sunday's. 

I noticed a guy sit down to eat in front of me. A black gentlemen in his mid 20's who chose to get a plate of Asian cuisine. He wasn't there long before he boxed up his food and what I thought was about to walk past me. Instead, he somehow/somewhat lost control of the bag of food and began to pretend to spill it on to my table. Luckily the juices from his Asian dining experience remained in the flimsy white grocery bag. He apologized profusely. "Not a problem", I reassured him and back to my phone my focus went. Suddenly disregarding the food incident completely, he asked if I could give him my number and if he could take me out sometime. This kid doesn't waste any time. With my cell phone in hand, I went with - "Aww thanks maybe if we run into each other again". He followed with "Well, I'm really shy and you're beautiful". I again denied his bold, not shy, kind offer and he said "Ahhh man I gotch you, I got that time. Stay beautiful" and went on his way. First of all, the above grease ball of a picture was what this kid was looking at. Truly I'm flattered. Even I'll admit I was looking far from 'public ready'. Possibly ready for more of a Sunday Wal-Mart trip. Then I had a thought. Maybe that's what all the mall walkers are up to these days. You see these ladies where tennis shoes and walk the mall for exercise. Is that their version of a "Frat Lap"? I did look I came from the gym. Get it ladies.

With that I cannot stress enough that I will not be eating Sbarro's alone in the future. Specifically the breadsticks. Auntie Anne's is just going to have to be my new BFF mall snack. Or better yet, I just need to stay away from the mall.  VS - stop sending me coupons. Like free samples at Sams Club or Costco, if they are in front of me, I will continue to consume them. #FoodCourtProblems



No comments:

Post a Comment