Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Pull The Trigger

I have been wanting to go shoot guns for a while. Growing up, I had the privilege of being around a lot of farm land where my father would hunt ducks and geese. The Eastern Shore of Maryland didn't shy away from it's gun use, but for me it was always a shotgun. Hand guns were never in my realm. When I lived alone almost 2 years ago, I thought about getting my CWP and making a purchase, but had never used one. Even my experience with a shot gun is a distant memory. It seemed a little far fetched and I was clueless... after today, I see the light. After several months of trying to nail down a time to go, plus with the assistance of someone who actually knows what they're doing, I headed to the Palmetto State Armory



A little shy on the lane at first, I quickly warmed up and went for the double tap. I was told that I did very well for a first timer and that my accuracy was great enough to pass the test, should I choose to do that. My tiny little hands wrapped around a Glock 19, which apparently is thee gun for me. I got to hold something a little smaller (I think a Glock 27?), but was told the kickback may be a little too much. Maybe I'll try that next time. There will definitely be a next time.




#TriggerTuesday

#RoundsonRoundsonRounds



No comments:

Post a Comment