Tuesday, November 8, 2011

I Went to T-Pains House

No joke. It was legit. I have been meaning to blog about my experience at his house for a week or 2 now. I've been going back and forth about how I'd share the information with you and what I could actually tell you. From the get go we (@kacib937 and I) were told not to talk about it on-air, but that tweeting might be ok. I don't want to get banned from any experiences like this in the future, so forgive me if I leave out what might seem like crucial details.


You are probably wondering, why the hell were you at T-Pains house? Or if you are my parents you are wondering who the hell T-Pain is. Here are a few of my favorite hints for those of you who are unfamiliar....












Anyway, @Chaseb937 - aka Chase Murphy - on-air talent and PD for B93.7, and @KaciB937 - Kaci Kruz, on-air talent and Music Director for B93.7 were asked to attend a Listening Party at T-Pains in Atlanta. Chase declined and Kaci was intrigued and all about going. She got to take a friend. Kaci asked @JackieB937 and fortunately for me, she was unable to go. So it was some of the best sloppy seconds I have ever had the privilege to be haha. I was PUMPED. Our curiosity led to us googling what his home may look like. I came across a video of a group of strippers in one of the rooms in the basement.....sure enough I ended up partying in that room. Stripper free of course, but pretty posh. Leather couches, a few stripper poles, manikins undressing, an awesome open bar and the occasional spritz of fog machines. A few Heineken's later, our main man entered. Dressed in a relaxed outfit, he was modest, friendly, and looked me in the eyes - saying "thanks for coming" - when shaking my hand. I'd like to prove it but when getting picked up at a 'meeting point' in a VERY nice shuttle bus, pimped with flat screens and black leather, I was asked to leave any kind of phone or recording device in the car. I did, but the second time we were told, it was so intimidating I was wishing I left it at the hotel.....yea the one they set us up in. Nice stuff. Anyway, T-Pain introduced his new album that is soon to be released and told us a little about what it took to make it, who is on some of the tracks, etc. He went song by song, and I will say that the album is tight. Only a few songs have his go-to autotune settings. After a few songs, and a couple more drinks, a small group were possibly engaged in an outside conversation. At this point I will share with you that T-Pain is extremely passionate about his music, and that this album took him about 2 1/2 years to make, whereas his past work was only an average of 4 months. I'll leave it at that I guess, but the key word being 'passionate'. This man LOVES his album and LOVES the effort he put forth. Love what he does and show interest and he will love you back. "It is his liiiiiife".....see @kacib937 for more detail....


I'd be happy to share more, but perhaps in a not so public setting. Regardless, it was awesome, he was super nice, had a bad ass 3 story home, and knows how to treat his guests.


Thank you T-Pain, thank you Jen, and THANK YOU KACI!

No comments:

Post a Comment