Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Snookin' for love

I've never been so excited for Halloween as I was for this year, nor have I ever fully committed to a costume like I did. If you can't tell (or you are a hermit completely out of touch with pop culture) I strived to be Snooki from MTV's the Jersey Shore. My newly dyed, jet black hair was only the beginning. I had my sights set for a fake butt (I joke that my lack of rear end is just an extension of my lower back) but the facial expressions and looks I was given EVERYWHERE I asked for some sort of padded caboose, quickly made me think my own suited just fine. Especially after I found the pleather skirt that hugged me tightly... not sure what else would have been able to fit. Luckily for society the top/leotard I wore was not a legit shirt for retail sale. I found this gem at Halloween Express with the cast costumes and cut off the tail. Luckily because of my job and the party we were throwing, I got it without cost - along with the glasses and bracelets, too. I made my boots with tha furrrr! Took some fur fabric from Hobby Lobby that would have made the fugliest blanket or worse, vest, and wrapped it around my already comfy boots. It looked as if I had murdered and sheered a cat in my living room constructing these. The headband was the finishing touch. Snooks had been rockin' one this season so I splurged for my own. Confession: I've worn it twice this week. Maybe a little on overload but I like it. I'm just sayin. In fact, if I'm being honest, I really enjoyed wearing my costume. Maybe I have a little 'meatball' in me after all. I also have found that this hair color is really growing on me. Initially I felt as if I had some sort of bad ass attitude or had to wear all black, but now I dunno, maybe its me....? Sill hoping it washes out by, maybe, Christmas, but we'll see. I'm sure the suspense will be killing you....

Anyway, I spent my holiday at the B93.7 Halloween at the Hyatt party in downtown Greenville, SC with about 1,500 others. The first lady I saw asked me if I was Lady Gaga. When telling her "No", her next guess was, "A stripper?". I should have told her that the white bathing suit and blue glitter she was sporting gave me no idea what the hell she planned on being. Flash forward a few hours and I'd find this....



Oh, ok, I just needed to see the wings I guess. So you are an angel??? Still till this moment I'm clueless. There were some real spectacles at the party. One guy/girl (I honestly have NO idea) was sporting some sort of dominatrix attire. He/She walked better in heals than I think I do myself. He/She was by him/herself all night, which made it even creepier. Perhaps I am being to harsh? See for yourself.



Creepy, right?! Anyway, I started getting asked to be in pictures with people I didn't know so I felt pretty great about my work as Snooki. Especially when the opening theme song for the show "Get Crazy" came on. I went nuts as some of you may be able to imagine! The night was fun and I eventually ran into a 'Pauly D' look-a-like. Looking forward to Thanksgiving in a few weeks when I will become an Indian. Should be hilarious.







2 comments:

  1. Awesome blog. Definitely gonna stay updated on your adventures. Good luck. "Pauly D" lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha love it! Very impressed that you were able to create such a snooki-like outfit!

    ReplyDelete