Tuesday, December 13, 2011

'Tis the season

I want to start by saying that if you haven't seen The Fray live, you haven't heard an amazing concert. They were unbelievable! The sound was incredible and they sound exactly the same, if not better than their recordings. I was lucky enough to see them during "work" but would pay big money to see them again, and again, and again. Find them! I promise you you will not be disappointed. In fact, you may thank me.


How could you thank me you ask? Why how about one of these items on my Christmas list this year. I think this could be the most random 'wish list' I have ever created. In the Hennessey family you send your list in October. It's not normal, I know that, and you might even say that its over the top.....and I would agree. One of my sisters likes to send hers in an email early on, normally stating, "I know it's early but so many of you have asked me what we want for Christmas". Have we? Who knows but I oblige by reading the list of items I normally cannot afford followed by sending my sad list of toiletries I hate buying for myself, throwing in the occasional big item to shoot for. Not this year though. This year, I know exactly what I would like. Any of the following items would make me overly joyed, as well as help make me some dough. Except for the comforter, that is meant for comfort, promise :)




To name a few....


The season is upon us and this weekend the festivities begin. Lots of friends coming into town for two big "ragers". Can I still use the word rage?


These are annual events and they are sure to live up to their expectations. Christmas decorations, red and green outfits - some more outrageous than others, kegs, wine, and "treats". Treats = mini bottles.....a tradition now forever embedded into any party or event worth attending. Someone has a brown bag filled with "treats" and the crowd starts chanting "TREATS, TREATS, TREATS, TREATS, TREATS", etc!! Then someone reaches into the bag and pulls one out. The crowd begins chanting "EAT YOUR TREAT! EAT YOUR TREAT! EAT YOUR TREAT!". The normal response is the eating of the treat, following by cheering, laughter, and faces that clearly read with looks of disgust,  however there are a few who don't fall to peer pressure. It's all really mature, can't you tell?


Speaking of mature....check out my friends Christmas card. These will be the hosts of party #1. Lookin' good boys, lookin' good.






No comments:

Post a Comment