Sunday, December 4, 2011

T-Pains Apology

Remember when I told you I went to T-Pains house? No? Read this.


So in my post I said, "After a few songs, and a couple more drinks, a small group were possibly engaged in an outside conversation. At this point I will share with you that T-Pain is extremely passionate about his music, and that this album took him about 2 1/2 years to make, whereas his past work was only an average of 4 months. I'll leave it at that I guess, but the key word being 'passionate'."


His "passion" resulted in cutting off the 4th or 5th song half way through us listening to the album and going on a 3-5 minute rant about how this is his life and he invited us into his. f****ing. house. And that if you didn't want to talk about T-Pain that you should go outside, yada yada yada. There were a lot of f-bombs, hand gestures, and slaps to the granite bar counter top to get the point across. Then following up with 'since you weren't listening I guess we will have to start over' and started the entire album from the beginning again, introducing each song again, just like the first time. I can now share this with you because it turns out the other radio personnel there that night weren't so tight lipped as I kind of was. He sent out this apology today.




You can find the actual apology here. I didn't think that he went overboard that night, it was a little shocking and surprising, but mostly just uncomfortable and a little awkward for everyone in the room. I appreciate his apology and would welcome the chance to return to his home...Heineken in hand of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment