Sunday, July 14, 2013

Blurred Lines

A little rain never hurt anyone. Or in this case put a damper on the Black Keys and Flaming Lips concert. With a forecast of never ending thunderstorms I wasn't too sure how it would all pan out. The rain stopped just in time for our 2 party buses, seating 46, to travel to Simpsonville, SC for the outdoor show. Regardless of the occasional mud pit and intense line to enter the place, it was a success. I don't believe we lost anyone - and its been a day or two so you'd think I'd hear by now, and as far as I'm aware the buses were left in great condition, too. Overall a big win. Not so much for my rainbow flip flops. Those might be chalked up for a loss. Come Saturday I was ready to do it all over again. That is after staying in bed until Noon and following it up with a brief nap at 2p. The 3rd Annual Swanson Summer Fest party was upon us and I wasn't going to let anything get in the way. All you can eat and drink for $25 that goes to a good cause. This year the money raised goes towards supporting Greenville's Cancer Survivor Park and Brianna Webster, a local teenager who has been battling pancreatic cancer and injuries sustained in a recent car accident in which she also lost her father. A terribly sad and touching story. The turnout to the party was phenomenal and it's great to know that we possibly made Brianna's road a little easier. I applaud David and the rest of the guys who helped throw this years shindig. As well as the few they throw each year. Not only are they fun and well put together, but they manage to help someone in the community. It's always legit - Mustache March, and Swanson Festival of Lights. I could go on and on about Saturday and how great it was, but I thought a visual may be better than my words. Cheers!



No comments:

Post a Comment