Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Is it lying if...

Click photo to zoom 
Is it lying if it's for April Fools' Day?

On more than one occasion I have been a target - nay - a victim of David Stone's practical jokes. Most people find joy in holidays such as Christmas, Thanksgiving, and 4th of July, yet David, a dear friend of mine, always finds a way to share his passion for April Fools' Day. His tall tales are always so realistic that year-after-year he finds a way "in". My fake eviction from him a few years ago took the cake. That was quite the day. So when David called me a few weeks back to ask if I could help with a 'soon-to-be viral' April Fools' Day joke, I was curious. When I found out I originally had sparked his interest for the idea, I was flattered. Well, really just glad I wasn't getting duped yet again.

Back when I lived with David I took over the living room on Monday nights watching ABC's 'The Bachelor'. I told him repeatedly that he should audition, and that if he didn't apply, I was going to do it for him. Years later here we are. 

David's ultimate charade is being recognized as a selected contestant on the upcoming season of 'The Bachelorette'. It started with a rumor a few weeks back, followed with the 'official' ABC letter, and finished with a simple post of "LA Bound" the night prior to his glorious holiday.

I gave him insight to the show, when they would probably be doing casting, what he should maybe say, and his posts took off. This little white lie was killing me. Watching the "likes" and comments pour in was entertaining, but I felt like such a cheat. I have no doubt that David will continue to attempt his pranks again and again, so when I got a chance to jump on board, I did. 


I have to say my favorite comment of them all is from a member of our bowling league, Othniel. Not a moment of 'well wishing' for David, but instead making sure he pre-bowled this week. Leaving for LA would definitely interfere with the "Bowling Stones" average. 

The second thing I have noticed is how many people have suddenly requested David's "friendship" or commented on how their sisters cousins husband once knew him or something along those lines. 

The moral of the story for David, however, is that he'd have 300+ friends and acquaintances rooting for him to "find love", or at least get a few extra stamps on his already well traveled passport. 

The joke may be on all of you, however, the real joke could be on DavidAbout a month and a half ago, as the past season of 'The Bachelor' was in full swing, I submitted an application on David's behalf. With any luck, we'll soon be thinking he's the boy that cried "Bachelor". Fingers crossed.


David/Elan's Confession:
Click photo to zoom









No comments:

Post a Comment