Tuesday, September 6, 2011

I'd get in those pants for sure

Dear Kevin Plank,

Thank you first and foremost for giving people something to do this rainy, labor day night. If it weren't for you and what I would call the best decision ever, thousands of people would have had nothing to 'tweet' about tonight - including Lebron James who really got creative and said, and I quote, "Ewwww". Unlike all these people I find the new uniforms tasteful, full of MD pride, and basically bad ass.

Sincerely,
L. Hennessey

but seriously, I wish I could personally thank Mr. Plank, founder of Under Armour and former UMD special teams captain. Kevin Plank hooks it up for Maryland's sports teams. Their headquarters are located in Baltimore, Maryland and growing up so close to UMD, as well as having several family members attend the school, I'm somewhat of a fan myself. Obviously I'd choose Clemson over them, but I'm sure that would lead to other discussions. So I'll stick to the topic at hand.

I would put money on the fact that any one you have met from the great state of Maryland, loves where they came from, and loves the flag even more. It's different. It's got a lot going on. Very different to South Carolina's palmetto flag, but similar in the way that its recognizable and people love it. I would tell you that I can see where some may find this uniform an 'eye sore', but I would be lieing. I am obsessed. I am obsessed with the flag, the state, and the town of Bumfuck, Maryland I grew up in.......really it was tiny Centreville, Maryland (Queen Anne's County - right on the eastern shore side of the Chesapeake Bay Bridge - 20 mins from Annapolis), but you probably couldn't find it on a map if you tried. Some friends down here in the south may see me as a "Yankee", and that's okay. I know that they don't understand the Mason Dixon Line or that my town consists of 4 stop lights, a town square, and basically the makings of a country song....4H Fair and all. But no matter where your Maryland friend is from, know this - -  They love their flag..... and probably the Orioles, too. So clearly it doesn't matter how bad or ugly someone thinks it/they are. There's a pride to it, and it's not going anywhere.


To educate yourself, click to find out more....
* Queen Anne's County, Maryland

* Under Armour

* The Baltimore Orioles

* The Baltimore Ravens

 Hometown friends (Ravens Cheerleaders)
      - Heather
      - Alyssa
     - Spencer

* Natty Boh

* Maryland's favorite sport - Lacrosse

No comments:

Post a Comment