Friday, September 2, 2011

My Childhood Secret

Once upon a time, I was on the road to somewhere big. There were tabloids, red carpets, and cameras in my future. Thennnnn the real world set in and my Mom became a full time teacher, which doesn't exactly have the greatest flexibility when it comes to taking off a couple days a week. Bye bye fame. Hello normalcy. Eh, I'm not complaining but sometimes I do wonder.....especially because Hayden Panettiere and Mischa Barton were in my group at Whilemina.




I've told a handful or two about this childhood secret of mine, but when brought up at work the other day, I was told it explains a little more of my "theatrical" side.....so here goes nothin'. I'll start with a little background. In the first grade I went to a private school (Montessori) in Annapolis, MD. My mother picked me up from school one day and took me to this place to get professional pictures of  me made - like head shots. The lady there asked my mom if she had ever thought about taking me to NYC (a short, 4 hour car ride from our home). Of course she hadn't, but at the time she was a Substitute Teacher and making the trip up there occasionally for auditions wasn't a big deal. So we went and I signed with Wilhelmina Models kids division, Wee Willys, for my print work - catalogs, magazines, etc. Then signed with their sister company, 1st Global, for TV and Film. It all was very exciting. Over the next few years I was in a bunch of catalogs, magazines, and commercials. Tried out for some movies and TV series - got pretty close on a few. I have most of the commercials on tape, but not sure how to get them on the computer. I'll see if I can scrounge up those gems for you. In the mean time.....




These were some of the catalogs I was in during the '90's. That sexy cow number was purchased by my Grandmother that following Christmas for me. Guess I should have told Grammy that they MADE me wear it. It's the thought that counts right? The Dalmatian faux fur jacket was hot as balls. I may have been young but I can still remember that awful 102 degree weather while wearing a winter coat, tights, and a hideous hat that I would have for sure been beat up for should I have ever been made to wear it in public as a child. Got to do a Jello commercial with my main man, Bill Cosby for an Easter jello egg mold, then was with Cindy Crawford for an MTV/Nick @ Nite show she had coming out called "the Goods" - I believe during '94.




My family got stopped on the sidewalks of Manhattan by the producers of a new, news show called FX Breakfast Time, with Tom Bergeron as one of its hosts. Filmed in Madison Square Park its studio was a huge apartment. The show had tons of guests, and The Hennessey family was one of them. We also were with comedian, Jeff Dunham, and Michael Moore - who wasn't even that over weight at the time. I have that on tape somewhere, too.




So there's a little insight to my childhood "secret". I'll have to figure out how to upload the commercials and shows......especially the Montell Williams fashion show I was on, hahah, yes - Montell Williams and it was the early 1990's. It's a real spectacle. Tootlles.

No comments:

Post a Comment