Tuesday, September 6, 2011

My Television Debut (Childhood Secret Continued)

If you didn't read my post on September 2, go back and do so before watching the videos below. If you don't, you'll most likely find them odd and be really confused. Click Here ---> My Childhood Secret


So, let me preface what you are about to see with I guess somewhat of a disclaimer. 1) The quality is kind of sad because these were from the days of VHS, which were then converted to DVD, and then to the computer. 2) I rocked some pigtails hard core in elementary school and 3) the word "fashion" didn't seem to exist in the 90's


ok, here goes nothin'


The first commercial I ever did was a regional job - a PSA for Fire Prevention. This kid, who was supposed to be my brother, was such a tool. It's funny how I can remember certain things from each job. I just remember him being extremely obnoxious.




Next was a fashion show for the Montel Williams Show. I was in and out for this one. Literally arrived walked out on a stage (you can tell I have no idea what I'm doing there) and then left. HORRIBLE 90's outfits and even worse hairdo's - especially the lady who was a guest.




After that was a preview for MTV and Cindy Crawford's "The Goods". This was kind of cool for obvious reasons, but also because I auditioned with the lady who is 'having the dream'. Cindy Crawford was really nice and personable. These were during the days when she was married to Richard Gere.




Easter came around and I was hired for a Jello Jiggler commercial to promote Jello egg molds. They play the clip where I'm wiggling jello by my ears - blink and you'll miss it. What you don't see is the 2 hours that I had to eat jello and then start spitting it out in a cup because it started to be really gross. To this day I do not eat jello. Not even jello shots #traumatized.




I did an American Plastics commercial that ran for 2 years, which was nice, and they chose to run 2 different versions so they ran in a pretty good rotation. This was cool because I was in middle school at this point and understood what was going on, and even got to see it myself when watching TV at night.






FX came out with a new morning news program called, "Breakfast Time" with its host being Tom Bergeron - former host of Hollywood Squares and today's host of Dancing with the Stars. The Hennessey Family, Michael Moore, and comedian Jeff Dunham were this weeks guests. This one was kind of long and had trouble uploading, so maybe another day. Be on the look out.


That's all I could dig up for now. Until next time....party on.

No comments:

Post a Comment