Friday, May 4, 2012

I Do!

Tony and Whitney
Married January 28, 2012
The start of 2012 wedding season has been a huge success. Perfect days, matched with crazy nights, and a little less traveling then last year. I started off 2012 with a bang! The Eikenberg - Pallia wedding was a 6 day affair for me. I flew into BWI in Maryland after work on a Wednesday and left Monday morning early enough to head straight to work. It was amazing. The Eikenberg family is like my own and growing up mine and Whitney's parents would have to pry us away from each others houses. We both grew up in similar families - 3 girls, 1 boy, same birth order, same neighborhood, same schools, and even dogs from the same litter. Two peas in a pod, that's for sure. Our humor and inside jokes are truly something of their own, and Tony, Whit's husband can testify for that. Sometimes I wonder if he was second guessing what he was getting himself into. Tony is the perfect match for Whitney and his family is just as amazing. Whitney and Tony had a rowdy wedding party, one I was delighted to be part of. They got married at the Tidewater Inn in Easton, MD. It was gorgeous!




The following weekend I got to head to another amazing party, the joining of Lauren and Mills Maxwell. I met Lauren in Clemson and Mills through Lauren, and have become really close with them while living in Greenville. Their wedding brought a new experience, and the most amazing DJ/Band experience I've seen. It was different and ridiculously entertaining. It was a DJ service, but they had a drummer and once the party got started they had multiple dancers, costume changes, props, etc. It was really fun and different. Check out the Electric Company. Props to Lauren and Mills for bringing something new to the table. I knew it was coming, but to most it was a surprise. I started to video tape the entrance but of course, just when you need a camera it's full, and I didn't want to miss any of the party so I put my camera down. A huge shock to those who know me well. Lauren and Mills had their reception at the Westin Poinsett Hotel in Greenville. It was goregous and a hot spot for weddings in this area. The food was amazing!





Lisa and Stephen tied the knot a few weeks later on April 21st at the Ryan Nicholas Inn in Simpsonville. This was the second wedding I had been to there and it was just as pretty as the last! A great place for a reception with an indoor/outdoor feel. Lisa and Stephen also had a DJ and the party got started very quickly :) Not a huge shock for the two of them are a blast! Lisa and Stephen are my soon-to-be neighbors, and I am pumped about that! Since the reception was a little bit away from downtown Greenville I took the liberty of ordering a bus for us "drinkers" to get back downtown safely. I had done this for a wedding before and its amazingly cheap for everyone and always works out well. If you ever need to do the same in the Upstate of SC, call up Bowers Signature Services. They are amazing to work with and super flexible! They have everything from small cars, to huge party buses, SUV's and/or passengers vans. Call them.


Next up to take the plunge is Carolyn and Randy. This one is a long time coming and I cannot wait to party in Clemson with them! It's going to be crazy!


We have since added more cute couples to the list of soon-to-be's....





No comments:

Post a Comment