Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Hatfields & McCoys

I've never been much of a history buff. My dad is, but the Hatfields and the McCoys were never mentioned to me. So when there was lots of buzz recently on facebook or in general conversation around me, about them, I thought people were just gossiping about some families in Greenville I didn't know. Whoops. Apparently I missed a few days in Mr. Kenna's class back in the glory days of high school. The Hatfields and the McCoys rivalry was recently depicted in a 3 episode series on the History Channel, you can also find it on Lifetime. My friend Catherine, who apparently missed the same classes as I did, graciously DVR'd the episodes and this week we took them in. Conclusions: Kevin Costner's still got it - what a bad ass, I'm totally Team Hatfield, they dipped/spit a lot back in the day, and Johnse Hatfield had a hot body...at least on screen. Oh and Roseanna McCoy got screwed (figuratively and literally, I guess). Talk about the short end of the stick. Anyway, if you haven't seen it, I highly recommend it. It was pretty cool and now I know what all the fuss is about. A little side trivia for you - - did you know that the Hatfield's and McCoys were actually featured later on the hit TV Game show Family Feud? I read it on Wikipedia, and clearly thought it was a joke. But nope. See for yourself...still fighting over a pig.

No comments:

Post a Comment