Wednesday, June 20, 2012

I got a fever...

...Bieber fever. And it's not going away. Justin Bieber's new album, "Believe", dropped yesterday and its pretty good. Very Justin Timberlake, but still very Bieber. Which is good since Justin Timberlake forgot he had a music career. At least we still have one of them.

I have made many of my friends "Beliebers" due to the amazing, entertaining, and most importantly informational documentary, "Never Say Never", and I would like to make you one, too. Here is how. Most people think Justin Bieber is a teen heart throb and nothing more. But did you know JB is fluent in French, plays the guitar, piano, drums, and is a killer dancer? Not only that, but he's been able to play since he was a toddler. I can't express to you enough the respect you will gain for this kid after watching the documentary. I will even let you borrow it. You don't have to tell anyone you are watching it, just watch it. I made my sister, Lindsay, into a Belieber during her visit to Greenville. She was extremely hesitant, but 10 minutes in, she silenced her phone so she couldn't be interrupted. My friend Monica and I have a crush on this young talent and we made her husband Mike watch. I really thought he would still tear it to shreds at the end of the hour documentary because of his prior feelings towards the Biebs, but even he, a non-fan, said "it wasn't bad" and that he didn't know 'he did all that stuff'. I'm telling you people, there is something about the Biebs.


My friend Pam and I got to go to his concert when touring through Greenville. Never have I ever heard screams as loud as this arena got. I can't even explain the octave the sound reached. Sean Kingston opened for Justin, and Pam and I didn't really know what to expect, but we knew we'd at least enjoy it. We went in, found our beer guy, got 2 a piece, and with just one phrase, turned into a 15 year old screaming girl. Sean Kingston said, "Who here.....knows Nicki Minaj?" With that, we of course thought she was surprising Greenville with a visit, so when he again said "I said...who here....knows....Nicki! Minaj!?", Pam grabbed my arm and we were like "OMG she's herrrreeee!!!". We fit right in. Of course, she then appeared on a digital screen over head and was not there, not even close, but it got us started. Let me tell you that Justin Bieber knows how to get those little girls (and I guess, Pam, Monica, and I) going. Intro-ing his songs with lines such as "Are there any lonely girls out there?" (the Song, "One Less Lonely Girl"), etc. He really thinks he's something, and as he should. If you watch the Today show on NBC in the mornings, you recently saw the effect he has on cities. It's incredible. Watch "Never Say Never". You don't have to like him, but I promise it will change your mind about him, one way or another.
One thing that probably won't change though......his body that resembles that of Elliot from the great American classic movie, E.T. Sorry Biebs but your skinny little bod will be like that for a while. He can look at the bright side though, more than half is fan base has probably never seen or heard of the 1982 movie.


No comments:

Post a Comment