Thursday, June 7, 2012

I'm baaAaack!

I went from posting every day there for a while to not posting at all. Perhaps its because I have moved and not signed up for Internet at my new place, or perhaps I have been busy, or maybe it's because I haven't gotten the urge to write anything. Or its all of the above. So I thought I could at least fill you in on what I have been doing. I last posted on the 22nd. Since then its been Memorial Day. That weekend I missed out on a bachelorette weekend for one of my favs - Taylor D. They went to the dirty Myrtle, while I stayed in Greenville attending Freedom Weekend Aloft. Our stations have a large role in the festival and this year we were visited by Gavin DeGraw, Colbie Caillat, and Eddie Money. It was a really nice night out and good thing, since I sweat like I stole something when there's warm weather. The following weekend I went to Carolyn and Randy's wedding in Clemson. It was amazing!


Also friends who sweat profusely, Carol, Randy, and I discussed how hot we were probably going to be as the wedding was outdoors, but someone called in a nice breeze and it was gorgeous weather. Lots of 'old' friends I haven't seen in a while and quite the college reunion. I caught the bouquet for the first time at any of the million weddings I have attended. I never really "go for it" but it was like Carol through it right at me, so I embraced it. My friend Andrew caught the garter and of course, in true college fashion, we had a photo shoot.
For some reason when I go back to Clemson, whether it's for a football game or an event like this, I seem to forget that I ever graduated. Whoops. Since the weather has been nice in Greenville, a handful of us have also fully embraced Downtown Alive - a downtown festival type thing every Thursday night from 5:30-8:30p at the North end of Main Street. They shut down part of the main road and have Budweiser trailers out on-site, as well as live music. A fun thing to do after work, that occasionally leads to karaoke. See what I 'may' mean here. In other news, our little Soybean, my niece Sawyer, has been growing like crazy! Her hair is out of control and her big Buddha belly is becoming a trademark special to her. Her words are forming and she is all over the place. She thinks she doesn't like the feel of sand, but what does a 1 year old know? I am determined to change her mind at Hennessey-Barham-Gunn-Tejara beach week. Counting down the the days to mayhem.

Next on the agenda for this weekend is the wedding of Meredith and Andrew. Staying in town for this one and am super excited to see it all go down. They are so great and I know it's going to be a blast. Mer and I lived together for the past year before we both moved into new places, and now her and Andrew are settled into their new home. I have never seen 2 people so efficient at DIY projects in my life. Their new house is beautiful. Proof that hard work and patience pays off. So excited for them! So I guess that's it for now, other than that driving to work this morning I passed a woman on an electric wheelchair coming towards me on an on ramp to busy HWY 85. I laughed and then questioned what I saw. Not sure where she was coming from or going, but next time I'll see if she needs a ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment