Wednesday, June 27, 2012

USA! USA! USA!

30 days until the Olympics and if you're anything like me (A proud American) then you have been watching the Olympic Trials on NBC. They are amazing, and I have a confession. I tear up almost every time someone qualifies, and I have already begun to yell at the television during the swimming trials. I am sure they are tears of happiness, because sometimes chills come with them, but I think it's also a little bit of jealousy. You best believe that if I went to the Olympics as a competitor I, immidiately following the games, would get those Olympic rings tattood on my body. What an accomplishment. The Olympics, and really all things red, white, and blue excite me. Nothing makes me happier than a loud U-S-A chant started randomly in the middle of a bar (or grocery store....still waiting for that to happen - - here's hopeing 2012 could be my year). With the 4th of July right around the corner (my favorite holiday of them all, even before Christmas and Thanksgiving) I'm starting to think about plans. It's important to not build up the holiday like New Year's normally is. But this year I have my eyes set on Beer Olympics for my day off. Only the switch-up....you have to be America. Everyone. No excuses. If I don't see a bald eagle, or some stars and stripes I could be majorly dissapointed in my friends. I'll even settle for some NASCAR gear.....maybe. I love America though....and the Olympics. My family is no different. Theme parties seem to pop up randomly at our family beach vacations, and 2 years ago we decided one afternoon to meet back at the beach for family Olympics. It's amazing what you can find at a tourist shop like WINGS. I, of course, had my sights set on being USA. All agreed to it.
But what I am really excited about is London and watching the hotness of Ryan Lochte. Ladies (and gents I would even imagine), you know what I am talking about. This good looking, tan ab'd fella, is one swift swimmer and one reason to cheer on the grand 'ol flag and the U.S. of A. Beating Michael Phelps in recent trial events, I hope he brings home a gold
medal or two. Phelps has said this is his last set of Olympic games and I think going into them with already 14 career medals is a good start. I think Ryan should just get a medal on how striking his physique is. Just saying. Anybody else see a little Channing Tatum in him? Gorgeous. Another exciting event to watch (my opinion of course) is diving. 2 brothers were in the trials together recently, 1 made it, 1 didn't. Thousandths of a point seperated 1 from going to London and the other staying at home hoping for another chance in 4 years. See where the tears can come from? Amazing. I wouldn't say I'm "swimming" in the dough, but every year I donate $20 to the
US Olympic Committee. If you love America as much as I do, I would highly recommend you doing the same. They hook you up with USA paraphanalia, and you're helping them out. I recently received a bad ass USA Olympic ring jacket. Not pictured on the left - - that was a gem I found in WINGS. The jacket they sent me was navy blue, with a classy upper left chest embroidered logo of the Olympic rings with USA above it - both in white. I have also recieved a giant Team USA flag, and a car sticker in a smaller version, to name a few. Best donation I have ever made. Hit 'em up. Follow the games. And please, feel free to start a U-S-A chant whenever and wherever you can. Extra points for grocery stores.

No comments:

Post a Comment