Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Fall for Greenville

One of my favorite weekends in Greenville is here. Over 38 food vendors, beer and wine gardens, carnival rides, and stages with live music line the streets of Main Street in downtown for an entire weekend. This Friday thru Sunday you can find me enjoying the fall weather that has finally arrived, while indulging in adult beverages with hundreds of thousands of visitors to the city. With over 55 musical acts performing on multiple stages, bartender mix offs, eating contests, and street performers, there is plenty for everyone. Not to mention the people watching is quite entertaining. All walks of life come out of the wood work for Fall for Greenville. Get a couple beers in you and you don't need much more to be entertained. So with everything else going on around you, you won't be disappointed. It's a totally free event, but then of course you pay for tickets to get food and drinks. I get lucky every year by knowing some good people, in great places, who know I like to entertain myself, along with some friends, and get bonused with some drink tickets. This year is no different. FFG kicks off Friday at 5 pm and runs perfectly into the dance party hours of 11 pm, most likely at one of our favorite bars. Saturday the streets open back up at 11 am and stay open till 9 pm, finishing with Sunday from Noon to 7 for the perfect hangover mid afternoon lunch. In college I did an internship with the folks that put on this glorious event, so not only do I get to enjoy it, but I get how it all works. Lots and lots of time, effort, and volunteers go into putting on this show, so why not come out and support this annual Greenville tradition. I know plenty of great stories about my friends that start with, "last year at Fall for Greenville...", myself included. Never a let down, and normally shambletown. I can't wait!


No comments:

Post a Comment