Friday, December 7, 2012

Naughty or Nice?


The holiday season is upon on us and its time to reflect, have you been naughty or nice? Can't decide? Well, its Friday, so you can always use the weekend to make your choice.

Every year in Greenville there is an Annual Santa Pub Crawl, this years being the 6th year, that hits the bars of downtown. This Saturday is the lucky night and you have a chance to be both. The event always benefits a local charity so you have a chance to give and receive. This year you donate $20 to Meals on Wheels (which represents 4 hot meals for someone in need), and in return receive great holiday specials at our local favorites:

5:30 - 7:00 Liberty Tap Room - Happy Hour Prices
7:00 - 8:30 Mac's Speedshop - $2 Bud/Bud Lt bottles, $4 LIT's
8:30 - 10:00 On The Roxx - $2 Bud Lt bottles, $3 House Vodka
10:00 - 11:00 Chicora Alley - $2 Domestic bottles, $3 House Vodka
11:00 - Until Ford's - No cover and skip the line to get in


Dressing up in some sort of Christmas themed costume is always encouraged and I like to think required. Normally I try to go the creative route, or just end up wearing lots of red and green, but this year I will be sporting more of a sassy Mrs. Claus look. Think the movie 'Mean Girls'  - Christmas talent show dance scene - but with sleeves....it is cold out after all. Like I said, very sassy. I'm sure I'll think I'm something else after those $4 LIIT's. Takes me back to Spring Break in Key West - - if you can make it there, go to Rick's - - they know how to make 'em.


On another note, this past week my friend Jill and I went to our old stompin grounds in Clemson and met Wiz Khalifa. On the way there I was on the phone with a work friend making sure some stuff was taken care of when we were told to forgo our seats when we got there, find him, and he'd give us some VIP passes to give us run of the place (very nice considering we had never met face-to-face as he works out of L.A). We didn't really need it, as we were happy as clams to be back in Clemson in the first place, but what the hell, right ;)

So we get down to the floor and Juicy J, previously known from Three 6 Mafia and one of the opening acts, invites some ladies to join him up on stage......I pause for maybe a few brief, brief moments, look at Jill and ask her politely to hold my drink. Of course she knew my plan, so she obliged. It wasn't but moments later that I was on stage with about 25 other brave/stupid souls shakin' our rumps. My derriere has been known to be jokingly 'an extension of my lower back', as in I have little to nothing back there. Like, at all. I'm working on it. Back at Bootcamp and all. God just chose to bless me in other areas. Anyway, what I thought was going to be one song on stage, turned in to 4. Jill and I had a great time. We hung out everywhere and had a blast - - backstage, the sound board, the floor. We were shown an awesome time thanks to two very nice record reps! Fun show; catch it if you can.

Ready for the weekend.....which to be, naughty or nice?

No comments:

Post a Comment