Friday, December 21, 2012

All In A Days Work

One thing I love about my job is that no day is the same. In fact, I never know what hair brained idea someone is going to ask me to join in on for a viral video or what commercial copy I may have to voice. The on-air spot for IBS was a real doozie. Thanks, Greg. You can't take yourself too serious around my office, which is nice, because most of the time I'm either in on the joke or the brunt of it. For example, being the holiday season, during lunch one day I decided to wrap a friends cubicle while they were out sick. It may sound worse than it was. Zack is the prankster in our office and I knew he could handle it. Besides, what's better than coming back to work than receiving one giant WELCOME BACK package. He loved it, because 1) Zack secretly loves the attention and 2) three years ago I wrapped his cubicle in tin foil for his 30th birthday, which he also loved. I know because he kept it like that for days. I think he was almost impressed. Though I did have a little help that time. I had gotten the idea originally from when we (myself and a bunch of friends I lived with in the OBX of NC) dominated a roommates room while they were at work one day. Sorry Julian, but you too also know you just couldn't be mad, but more mesmerised by the shine of your belongings.

Before
After
So at my office when someone has the chance to get someone like Zack, or myself, "back" everyone flocks at the chance to be a diversion. This week I didn't so much as receive revenge, but more so was just asked to partake in a few fake meetings, that at the time I thought I was being really helpful, or part of one of those viral videos I mentioned. One of our stations, Magic 98.9, is currently playing all Christmas music. The below video was supposed to be for the station, but now it is just for nothing. So what I thought was once possibly, somewhat, of maybe, a proportional importance is now Keaira and I pathetically attempting to draw Christmas.  





Before that, we got called into a Music Meeting. Which is something that is real, and happens, but not often anymore. Basically you'll listen to new music about to hit the charts or that has just dropped and you tell someone what you think, yay or nay, etc. Keaira and I went upstairs again to listen, give our opinion, the whole 9. I guess we weren't there long enough because we had to return for our art lesson later. It was all for this. A cardboard cutout of our part-timer, Roy. Roy gave us presents this year as his own 12 Days of Christmas. Everything from taking us to lunch, to ornaments, to posters of himself. He is a real gem. Possibly off to Nashville to 'live the dream', he wanted to give us something to remember him by.....guess we got it. I love it! Hilarious.



On another note. Today is December 21st, and so far, the world hasn't come to an end. So we got that goin' for us, which is nice. Out tonight, David's party tomorrow to benefit Nick, along with a big birthday shout out to Bill Revson. Then, it's party time with the Hennessey clan. Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment