Monday, December 10, 2012

Olive

Christmas came early this year. Our dear sweet, yet rambunctious, Olive decided that her dog food just wasn't enough and that even the smell of trash wasn't exciting at the moment. Yesterday she devoured a sewing needle, fully involved with thread and all. Luckily my mother saw her gagging, otherwise our precious Olive could have been much worse. She was rushed to the Emergency Vet Hospital who are luckily opened on Sundays and have the highly skilled vets trained to remove such items as sewing needles. I guess these things are appetizing to more than just our Olive. The needle and thread made it all the way to her stomach. Billy and my mother were able to see it in the x-ray, which is pretty neat I guess, and about $1,000 later were able to take it home. Olive, was able to come home a little later. I guess we know now nothing is safe...but as I told my mom, I'd rather have Olive alive on Christmas than what that money was going to buy in presents. Thank goodness we caught her in action! Oliveyou, well her, I love her.

No comments:

Post a Comment