Wednesday, March 20, 2013

9-8-9


Predictions for my first round scores on Dancing with the Stars. A girl can dream. Have you ever thought you’d be genuinely good amazing at something? Maybe it’s singing (cough*Jill*cough), maybe you think you’re an exceptional athlete (and you’re probably not)…well I really, honestly believe that given the chance to be a contestant on ABC’s Dancing with the Stars, that mirror ball trophy would be mine. I don’t watch every season, but when I do, I find myself imitating the moves. It’s embarrassing and mainly no one else is around to even see it. However, I DO sense that I look good doing them, so I must, right?! Of course. Well, perhaps I’m wrong – if nothing else I think I have some qualifications that they might like.

There is always a television or movie star on the show. I use the term “star” loosely. Depending on the rest of the cast, and how desperate they might be that season, the star power could vary. Whether it is the Disney Channel, a Spanish Soap Opera or Reality TV star, you’re bound to see one, if not two, from any given category. Perhaps my days as a young thespian could come in handy after all. I make great facial expressions and have a cheerleading background. That ought to sell ‘em. My father also once told me I had the moves of, well, hmm, one of my more… urban friends? I guess that’s the best way to put that. Think rap. Total compliment and what I would assume to be the basis behind my idea of thinking I can dance. 

They also have athletes. I don’t have a Super Bowl ring or gold medal, but what I do have is varsity letters (soccer, lacrosse, swimming – big deal right here), certificates of participation (yes, actual certificates that I’m sure my mother framed at some point in time) and after college bowling and kickball leagues to prove that I’d be a real ace out on the dance floor. Move over Jacoby Jones

There’s an occasional singer. I can’t carry a tune. I’ll admit that. I wouldn’t want to be a triple threat anyway. After all, everyone loves an underdog. Why do you think I gave myself a 9-8-9 on the first night. Always room for improvement…until I get perfect 10’s. 

My only real concern may be the costumes being a little tight on this current bod. Though dancing can be one hell of a workout, so perhaps I’ll drop some L-B’s. I’ve taken a Crunk Cardio class in Spartanburg, SC a few times. A class of about 30. A live DJ. And “crunk dancing”. It’s exactly how it sounds. My urban roots came out BIG time. They had to. I was definitely a minority, and probably the worst in the class, but man did I think I looked the part. I think I was in a squat the whole time I was dancing….ladies you know how that is ‘at the club’. I’m drifting….anyway, the point:

I just want to dance…and if I may request, on Dancing with the Stars.




No comments:

Post a Comment