Tuesday, March 12, 2013

A Room With My Favorite Things...

Coley and Evan

...My friends. Great food. An open bar. A dance floor. Music. And bonus points for a tambourine. 

The "My Wedding Workout" tab hasn't seen any action since October, and with the 2013 season already started, I thought why not give a sneak peak at this years calendar. I last spoke of Coley and Evan's wedding, in Season Highlights. Wrapping up my 'season' with one beautiful ceremony, an even better reception, and a band that I can't live without - Az Izz. I remembered these gentlemen from my glory days at the Sigma Chi Fraternity house in Clemson, in what was sure to always be a party that didn't disappoint. However unlike those parties, this day, October 20th, 2012, the men arrived in tuxedos to impress, moves to make you smile, and an array of songs that had me on the dance floor from the moment I was 'allowed' to be. It was a perfect weekend.  To kick-off 2013 Andreana and RJ tied-the-knot in Palmetto Bluff. Another beautiful weekend, surrounded by friends and dancing. Lots and lots of dancing...obviously
my favorite thing to do at a wedding, besides make best friends with the lead vocals, which comes natural anyway :) Another great thing about all these weddings is seeing some of my most favorite people. I was in Kaci (pictured on the right - the less tan of the two women who are not me) and Paul's wedding not too long ago, and it's just fun to see out of town friends all the time. Nonny (Andreana's alias) and RJ's wedding was perfect in every way. One way though that sticks out the most - - after the typical send off at the end of the reception, we were invited not back inside the reception tent but to the "after party" in the Inn. More open bars, a DJ, dance floor, and new reception. Amazing. Dance heaven. There were sides to some of my friends I've never seen before - for example - apparently the newest and latest dance moves are push-ups...in a dress...in the middle of a dance circle (8th grade sytle). Impressive? It was. 






So like I said, the season is heating up. Many to come, and unfortunately a few on the same day. I love weddings. I think they are a blast, +1 or not, and I think it's so sweet of people to include me in their special day. Here are the fun nuptials to come for 2013....and from what I've heard, there are a few more lingering. Secrets, Secrets!

Blake & Sally, Beth & Micah, Nat & Kathleen 

Rebecca & Branford, Jessica & Jonathan, Paige & John, Wes & Becca














No comments:

Post a Comment