Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Holy Hunger Games

So a while back I posted about the Hunger Games - - click here.


If you haven't heard about them or been entered into a conversation about the books and/or movie coming out this week, you have been living under a rock. What everyone told me back before I started reading the series was absolutely correct. These books are addicting. Unlike the Twilight series, these books are for everyone, and by everyone I mean my "macho" guy friends who wouldn't watch or read Twilight even if I paid them big dollars have read them......and wait for it.....LOVED them. My brother in law, Dan, and I made a pact that my sister Lindsay was not allowed to see the film without reading the first book. I am not an avid reader and was shocked when I was entranced into the vampire series, so when THG's became a hit, I thought what the hell - I'll give it a try. Saying that I love the Hunger Games and that they are worth the read, if nothing else, should make you curious. It takes a lot for me to put aside hours for a book. I'm on the third/last of the series and this one has taken me longer than the others to finish. Mostly because every time I pick up the books it consumes so much of my time. They are amazing! and like I said, addicting.

(Semi) Spoiler alert: If there were teams, I would be on Team Peeta!


If you haven't read the first book I highly recommend it. It really is for all ages and without a doubt you are punishing yourself by seeing the movie first without having it read. On that note, here is a trailer to get you as pumped as I am... "May the Odds be ever in your favor"




No comments:

Post a Comment