Monday, March 26, 2012

Oh Baby!

I get it from my Mama......my poem writing skills that is. I guess my work email really got me going, or maybe I did this before and it resulted in the email? Either way, I have a great idea for you! So this weekend I went to a baby shower. 2 of my friends could not be in attendance so the 3 of us went in on gifts together and then I wrote a poem to go along with the delivery of each gift.

Here was the poem (the gifts that correspond with the number are at the bottom of the email):

Sweet baby Emerson is on her way,
June 2nd will be here without delay.

So Lizzie sit back and enjoy your shower,
While you get gifts galore to provide Mommy Power.

We couldn't decide on just one thing to buy,
So we decided to give you quite a supply,

A supply of gifts, all things that youll need,
Well start with #1, the one to help you feed.

The pads are for her time, before drinking from a cup,
But open #2, for anytime she throws up!

Shes gonna be adorable, just listen to her name,
Just like her mother, she wont be very lame.

So when she gets into trouble, or scuffs up her knee,
Use this to clean her up, go on and open 3.

Your first couple weeks, youll probably stay at home,
But soon thereafter, youll want go out and roam.

Youll have normal errands, like heading to the store,
Baby Emerson will look so darn cute, cruising in #4.

Were glad to have you in Greenville Lizzie, now open #5
This is for all your long car rides, and hopefully easy drives

If getting groceries doesnt make her feel like the queen,
Then blocking the sun will do the trick, cuz man those shades are mean!

After a while and with how quickly the time will go,
Soon shell be eating mush thats one thing I do know.

Flavors of carrots, bananas, and or peas,
#6 is for the above or even Mac n cheese.

Open up 7, youll use it every day,
Keep it in the kitchen, or wherever it may stay.

As she gets older youll start to use #8,
Its never too late to start planning, for that later date.

Thats why we got her, gift #9
With this fashion statement, girl be lookin fine!

Theres one last thing I know youll want, besides some extra cash,
And that this tube of buttpaste, for some nasty rash J

Lizzie were ecstatic for you, youll make an amazing mom,
Just dont start using old mom lingo, like Im the bomb.com

Youre beautiful, youre glowing, youre all that wed expect,
Youre everything Emerson will be, and that my friend is per-fect.

Gifts we gave to go with it:
#1 - Breast pads
#2 - Burp Pads
#3 - Bath wash and shampoo
#4 - Shopping cart seat cover
#5 - Car Window Shades
#6 - Soft Spoons
#7 - Drying Mat
#8 - Bowls with lids
#9 - Soft Hat
then I gave her a tube of Buttpaste (yes, its actually called Buttpaste) because my sister and brother-in-law swear by this stuff with my niece, Sawyer.

Feel free to use my poem, or create your own. It went over well and I think its fun to get presents from all areas of a registry for someone! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment