Wednesday, March 14, 2012

7 Moves, 3 years

I'm moving.


"Again?" you may say. The answer is "yes, again" but possibly the last time until I decide to up and move cities or (don't hold your breathe) move in with the man of my dreams. Like I said, lets not hold our breathe :) . Anyway, I got to thinking about it after numerous people commented on the fact that I am always moving, and I realized yes, it's a bit excessive and a tad ridiculous. I'm moving. Again. This will be my 7th move in 3 years! 6 of which have been in Greenville alone, but with good reason. I'm settling down....is that my reason? Maybe. You can decide.


When I first made Greenville my home it was a trial period, an internship while still in college. I split that semester between 2 homes. Being 'saved' by 2 sets of friends letting me live in vacant space in their apartment/homes for an extremely low price. The internship was unpaid and a hostessing job at Liberty Tap Room was keeping me afloat to still hold down a decent social life (big thanks to Randy, Doug, Becca, and Kate). Then still not knowing what I wanted to do quite yet, I headed back to my summer love, the Outer Banks of North Carolina. One more summer at the beach living with 10 other friends in a house too small for all of us, but the perfect fit none the less, and waiting tables at a tourist trap called Mako Mikes (fake sharks EVERYWHERE). It was just what I needed. Once I thought I grew up a little and was ready for a "real job" I decided to head back to Greenville. But where to live? Another set of friends opened their home to me. This time a group of 'gentlemen'. I knew I had to be in Greenville to get a job in Greenville, so I made the plunge. Matt, Ryan, and Alan - - living with you was quite....an experience?  Fun, but an experience :) Soon there after I moved to a 'calmer' sense of living with David. Alan must have missed me, because he moved in with us, too. Until he moved out and Brad moved in. What was supposed to be a few months for me on Swanson Court turned in to over a year, and then I down sized roommates again and moved in with Meredith. Meredith bought a house and Lisa moved in. Lisa had to leave town, and then there was 1.....but a 2 bedroom house. So I'm making the move, maybe for 1 last time (for a while at least).


I'm not going far, just a few miles away and I am extremely excited about it! Over the years and throughout my moves I have managed to pick up a lot of furniture. Some bought, some donated, some I can't even remember where it came from....but basically have managed to collect the necessities to furnish an entire house - and then some! I am so excited to have a place to call my own. I move in the first of May and started thinking/planning on how to get it all over there the other day. Let me just say that if you can't tell already by the amount of people who have taken me under their wing, that I have THE BEST friends you could ask for. In this case, I randomly sent out an email to see if any guys would be willing to help. Within a few hours I not only had a few friends offer to help, but they were offering trailers and equipment to help me do it. Big ups to Bubba, RJ, Alan, Kip, and Gunn.


Living alone will be a first. I have had a taste of it since Lisa left and it's not as lonely or quiet as I imagined. I'm always coming and going, and in my opinion have always lived pretty independently anyway. I think living with boys for 2 years trained me to be that way. It got me thinking though - - with all the moves, and all the places I've lived, I have had a crap ton of roommates (30+). I've lived with quite the plethora of personalities and living habits. See for yourself.... 




I can't help but look at this group of people and laugh at it all. There are some crazy ass memories that go along with them. I can't also look at it without being extremely thankful either. Thankful that I have such great friends who were willing to live with me. Thanks for putting up with me. I hope I can do it alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment