Friday, March 30, 2012

Money Maker

You have a few hours left to go buy yourself what may be the winning ticket for $540 Million in the Mega Millions Lottery drawing tonight at 11p. The cash option, which I plan on taking should I win, is a whopping $389 Million.

This got me thinking, as it would anyone – what would I do with my money? I live such a simple life now, that honestly I cannot even fathom the amount of the money that is. I would end up giving a lot of it away – a million here, a million there, to friends that have been wonderful to me and I know it would be helpful to (who couldn’t use the $, I know), and a few larger chunks to my family.

I know I would instantly go out and buy a new car, probably a house, property on the beach in the Outer Banks of NC – maybe a few – and I would put in my two weeks to be courteous then start planning trips to visit friends all over the world…and ball out. Big time. Would you like to come with me? because you could.

Then after reality kicks in I’d call Lindsay, my sister who is amazing with money, and say do what you will with the rest and make us more. Plan for my lifetime and those when I’m gone.

I bought 10 tickets myself and through in $1 into a company pool resulting in me getting a percentage of the winnings in correlation to what I through in and the pot, should we win. Do I think I am going to win? Honestly, not a chance in hell. I heard today that you are 50 times for likely to get hit by lightning, twice, than you are to win the jackpot. But…you can’t win, if you don’t play. To be honest, I’d be happy with getting 1 or 2 numbers right and winning a grand or whatever it is. When buying my tickets this morning the man selling them to me asked if I wanted to purchase the multiplier. I thought that was an awfully greedy move, so I passed. I mean, I am excited about just the chance that I may win March Madness, with  payout of a few hundred dollars. I am the kid that smiles when she finds a quarter on the ground. Tales or Heads up, it does not matter to me. I pick it up fo’ sho’.

Crossing my fingers and toes for the BIG money!

No comments:

Post a Comment