Wednesday, March 21, 2012

I smell a comeback!

A few days ago I wrote about our bowling team - I Can't Believe It's Not Gutter. If you missed it, click here to read the posting. I made the comment that my teammate Hannah, well that Hannah was having fun. Which to some may insinuate that Hannah isn't the most talented member on our team. I'd like to stem from that and mention that every week for our team is a roller coaster of emotions. I think if we got points for going from a strike one frame to a 2 pin frame the next, we would be in first place....but we aren't, we are in last place. There is a "rule" in our league that if you throw a gutter ball before your ball gets to the big tan thing towards the end of the lane (you know that thing in between the lanes a few feet before the pins? No? Well, look the next time you're at a bowling alley and remember this rule) that you  have to chug a beer. Lets just say that our team rarely buys beer because if we did we may or may not be able to drive home upon finishing. Anyway, our team wants to go drink that beer elsewhere this week..... (we plan on heading to Downtown Alive - - a happy hour/festival event that happens in downtown Greenville every Thursday night from March - August).... thus, resulting in our team needing to pre-bowl.

Hannah and I went last night. I think we found Hannah's weakness. Distraction. I give Hannah credit on a normal week for always being the most consistent in her scores. They are always within 10-15 pins from game to game. Last night, the credit was directed towards her score, she killed it. Having 2 career high games.




There was barely anyone around us and with that, the magic happened. I told Hannah before we started that if she dominated the lanes I would dedicate a posting to her. Who knew Hennessey Hits could provide that much motivation! And here I thought only 5-10 people actually read this thing (thanks Mom, Dad, Linz, Pam, Dez, Mer?, Erin? - - - man, maybe it is only 5 haha). So cheers to you Hannah! Congrats on maybe, just maybe, moving us to second to last place where we still get no prize, no recognition, but hold on to a tad bit of dignity.

Side note, only because I have to.....I bombed my first 2 games, just barely breaking 100, then shined on the third. My first (and probably last) Turkey of the season. Resulting in a score of 167. Boom.



Also, check out Hannah's blog, "Musings of a Newly Employed Twenty Something"


No comments:

Post a Comment