Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Fictional Bankruptcy? But...it was going so well

As mentioned previously, Hennessey Hits originated from my awesome "brand" of mix CD's that I have now had to make for several people. The volumes are vastly growing and in great thanks to my superior, Chase Murphy, and the good people at multiple record labels through out the country. Dino (#DinoRadioNow), who used to do mid-days here and now lives in Memphis working as a PD, has always been really jealous of my awesome hits and somewhat afraid to ask for his own copies. Same goes for Chase (#ChaseB937). So it wasn't too much of a surprise when I open my email and get several continuous responses to the subject line of: OMG! Did You Guys See This!?!?! Sad Sad News.

The email from Chase:

Wow….Keaira-please forward this to all HH subscribers.  This is just terrible news….
With much curiosity I opened my attachement.....
  
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

HENNESSEY HITS FILES BANKRUPTCY

August 3, 2011

Hennessey Hits announced it has filed Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection in order to reorganize the company and return to profitability. The services, formerly provided by Hennessey Hits, will now be distributed by Chase Jamz Inc.  Hennessey Hits filed in U.S. Bankruptcy Court District of Maryland on August 3rd 2011.

When approached about the Hennessey Hits acquisition, President and CEO of Hennessey Hits, Lacey Hennessy had this to say; “I would like to thank the superior programming mind of Chase Murphy, CEO of Chase Jamz Inc, for saving this sinking ship that was going nowhere fast.  I am a better person for knowing Chase and will defer to his vast knowledge in providing music services to all of my friends.  Without Chase, I am nothing”.

Despite the success of Hennessey Hits volumes 1 through 7, as of late the Hennessey Hits product management has drastically suffered in the opinions of many.  One former Hennessey Hits subscriber described the last few volumes as “the worst thing my ears have ever heard”.  Going as far as saying “Lacey must have been drunk and def when she burned these last pieces of crap.  They are not worth the stolen blank burnable cds they are on”.  The former subscriber even added that “it’s a damn good thing I didn’t pay for this crap.  We were once friends, but after volume #9, I quit taking her calls”.   

Chase Jamz Inc will take over operations of the failing Hennessey Hits Company sometime later today.  Hennessey Hits President and CEO, Lacey Hennessey, has been asked to stay clear of all operations and leave this to quote “the professionals”.  When asked what his future plans were for the newly acquired Hennessey Hits division, Chase Murphy had this to say; “Lacey has made a mockery of this business for far too long and it was time for a change.  What she needs to do is be a good woman and go fix me a sandwich”. 

I guess Chase had nothing to do today. Glad I can be the brunt of a cruel joke. To go bankrupt I'm pretty sure you need to start with some sort of capital. Plus, HH was and always will be a charitable organization. Helping boring car rides become fun, one friend at a time.

Oh and in my defense Chase, I made Kaci bring me her own blank CD's. Who's the thief now?

No comments:

Post a Comment