Tuesday, July 26, 2011

So I'm dating a 14 year old.......or so my office thinks

Office rumors. Got to love 'em. I work for Entercom Radio as the Promotions Manager for Rock 101 and 93.3 The Planet. In addition, we also have a few more stations. One of which being a Top 40 station - B93.7. About a year ago a young "up and comer" came into our studios. His name is Cody Simpson. Originally from Australia, Cody came over to the states to pursue his music career and has a growing fan base of young, screaming middle schoolers - I promise you he is the next Justin Bieber. His first hit was with Flo Rida, and if you didn't already know Flo is my boy.....so double whammy.



Check out the video of my lovers below


He did a quick acoustic set at the station for about 30 listeners, took some pictures, and signed some autographs. The "rumor" of Cody and I dating started when he approached me about my love for Chris Brown and his new song at the time, "Yeah 3x's". Cody's a HUGE fan. When he went to leave our station I got not one, not two, but three hugs from the little guy. Jokingly I said to Chase Murphy and the rest of the clan that he was in love with me and that he just wanted to rub up on "my ladies". That's when it also started to go down hill since Fenway brought to my attention that he was about 14 and still had his braces. Cody returned to Greenville for Hawk and Tom's Acoustic Christmas Show (braces off) and was a huge hit. I really think he just came back because he knew I was there......I think this because we had another long conversation about his hip sneakers and jean jacket. He also had a pimp cane - a 14 year old with a pimp cane - BIG. PIMPIN. I'm tellin you - next Bieber.



We recently had a company wide meeting held at the station celebrating the anniversary of WFBC-FM, B93.7. When Keaira, B's Promotions Manager and my office mate, started telling about future events she mentioned the Just Show Up Show, which happens to be tonight (que screaming girls). One of the performers is Cody Simpson (along with All Time Low and Iyaz). When discussing who was going to be there she intro'd Cody as Lacey's future husband - - within seconds you hear, "isn't he like 13?"....followed by, "gross Lacey", and comments like, "Good God, what's wrong with you". Great. Thanks Keaira. I'm the office freak. Laughingly I joked and replied, "Just you wait, the next Biebs".....that seems to be my saving grace. Who doesn't have the fever? I'll be the first to claim that I do. If you haven't seen Justin's HIT movie, "Never Say Never" you are missing out. Not kidding. I cried. That's not a lie. It was so exciting and I was just so proud of him haha.

The reason I love these kids, yes love, is because I am so excited for them to be successful. You see, deep down I know I am supposed to be famous. Once upon a time I was destined to be a child star. Being on screen with Danny DeVito, Bill Cosby, Montell Williams (fashion show, not a disfunctional family episode), Cindy Crawford, Tom Bergeron, and more was a little glimpse of who has made me the theatrical person I am today (we'll get into this further another day). My mother had to become more serious as a professional teacher so the glory days of driving to NYC for auditions came to an end, but I am so freakin excited for kids like Cody that if an office rumor about me being slightly obsessed with a skinny-Australian-kid-who-happens-to-sing-well-and-do-other-stuff-too surfaces, so be it.

Check out Cody's new jam.....



No comments:

Post a Comment