Friday, July 29, 2011

Westrian vs. Pedestrian



I know I live in the south but really? I was out in downtown Greenville last night celebrating the annual birthday of my friend Lauren, when her fiance, Mills, pointed out the local cowboy and cowgirl trotting down the road. I hopped up from my bar stool immediately (kinda) to take a picture but to my dismay the slight pause I took before deciding if it was worth getting up and running after them, gave them the slight edge to get away before I could take a picture. So instead I called my friend Scott to tell him what I saw. You see, this is the second odd spotting in the past 2 weeks in downtown Gville. Last weekend we ran into a man carrying a large wooden cross on his back, and no, it wasn't Jesus.




Apparently he is traveling up and down the east coast, "spreading the word of the Lord". So he's got that goin for him, which is nice. At least he has the luxury of a 4 door truck because last time I checked Jesus had to do it the hard way. To each his own. Back to the cowboys.

We thought they were good and gone but 2 bottles of sake later, there they were comin' 'round the bend again. Their pace was even faster than before so my enthusiasm to snap a picture of this spectacle wasn't very high. Luckily we were headed out of the bar and about to head back down Main Street towards home. I thought maybe we'd catch up. Sure enough, the lone rangers were stopped outside Sharky's conversing with some sauced up pedestrians drunk enough to question what kind of large dogs they were riding. I managed to score this sweet ass shot. Discussion continued on whether it was legal for just anyone to ride up and down a public street on an animal - horse specifically. The outcome of that same discussion surprised me. Apparently the law states (maybe not in these exact words) that if you are from the Wild Wild West you can do whatever the hell you want because you (or your cowboy relatives) did it long before Mr. Ford and his family came to town, and if Mr. Ford can drip oil on the streets of Greenville then your horse can also leave a special dropping behind, too. Super. That will look great on my shoes this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment