Saturday, July 30, 2011

America. Love it or leave it.



GBA. I shouldn't have to tell you, but just in case, that stands for God Bless America. It's a well mentioned phrase among my friends, as well as during any and all family functions. There's no better combination of colors than the glorious red, white, and blue. I love America. So does this lady. I bet Alex and the casting directors for Jeopardy didn't even make her take the test. You can just look at her and know....what...a bad ass.


I happened to miss this episode, but by friend Kristen - who also loves all things America - sent me this glorious picture text. She knows my passion for the stars and stripes because we were team USA during Hennessey Family beach week. As you can see we got a little carried away....or maybe it was just enough.



My brother Billy has even more pride than I do. I own a good bit of American flag apparel but no one reps it like Billy. The kid rocks this shirt like its his favorite pair of jeans. The day Osama Bin Laden was announced dead he rode around our town in Virginia blaring Lee Greenwood's, "God Bless the USA" wearing this classic. That's him at an Orioles game.


One of the radio stations I work for is a News Talk station under the call letters WORD. We had received a shipment of American Flag car flags (you know like the collegiate kind you see during football season) being we focus a lot on politics. I had sent him a few of those along with a magnet and was told he was waving them proudly that day. I'm sure he was a real site. No where to go but a tank of gas later he had received what he had said was, "the most glorious looks" and of course "so many honks". I'm sure he through them the 'go get em' fist pump right back.

We are already starting to train baby Beans the way of the Hennessey clan. America - love it or leave it.


I think she's catching on quite nicely.

No comments:

Post a Comment