Sunday, July 24, 2011

I'd rather read a book

The worst show on television. I remember growing up, that any time the TV suddenly started playing the theme song, "Love and Marriage...." my mother would scream, "Nope, no, turn it off!". A new meaning to always listen to your mother. I was never disappointed because hearing the voices of Peg and Al Bundy weren't exactly a delight to the ear. The annoyance of the neighbor Marcy kind of got to me, too. So you can see I obviously watched a few episodes when my mother wasn't looking. After all like any bad car accident, you can't help but look. I had completely forgotten about the show until I was at dinner last night with Catherine, Lisa, and Stephen. Stephen had some friends stop by. One of the guys was boasting about "Beavis and Butt-head" coming back to MTV - as if they don't have enough crap playing already - when he mentioned one of his favorite shows. You guessed it, "Married with Children". My first reaction was a sound of disgust, followed by a laugh. I was actually shocked, who claims that as their favorite show? Shoot me. I got curious as to how he could still be a fan when it hasn't been on in so long... cancelled can you believe it? To my dismay though guess who is still carrying the show - TBS. I guess they are trying a new slogan - Not Funny. "Married with Children" currently holds the 6am time slot during weekdays. So that gives me another reason to sleep in. Individually I am a (somewhat) fan of each of the cast. OK, maybe just 2. Christina Applegate can make me laugh but her overall characters are annoying, and Ed O'Neill has won my heart on ABC's "Modern Family". Now that's a show. If you don't watch it, stop reading, leave and go watch a few episodes. It's one of the most genuinely funny programs out today and if you don't tune in, I'd literally be confused.

No comments:

Post a Comment